Sunday 21 October 2012

MKB Review: Forget Me Never by Gina Blaxill


Title: Forget Me Never
Author: Gina Blaxill
Publisher: Pan Macmillan
Release Date: September 27th 2012
Pages: 258
Read it in: 3 days
Source: Publisher!

You can buy it on Amazon.

Synopsis: Goodreads:

When Sophie's cousin Danielle dies after a fall from her balcony, the police dismiss her death as suicide. She had broken up with her boyfriend and had suffered from depression in the past. Sophie isn't so sure, however, and when she finds a memory stick in a pair of Dani's old jeans, some new photos and information come to light that point to something more sinister. Sophie and her friend Reece investigate further and soon find out that Dani was involved with something very dark and very dangerous. As Sophie and Reece become more and more deeply involved they put themselves in huge danger too, accessing secret data, facing kidnap attempts and worse. And as they uncover the terrible truth about what really happened to Dani, Sophie and Reece must also face their feelings for each other . . .

My Review:

I cannot explain how happy I was when I found out that Gina was releasing another book! Sure, it wasn't happy it wasn't a sequel to Pretty Twisted ( ;) ) BUT! I was super happy that she was writing another one! And what an amazing concept!

As soon as I read the first chapter over at mykindabook I knew I was going to love this book, and sure enough I did! I really loved the concept of this book, and it was really enjoyable to read. 

Unsurprisingly, I found myself talking to myself whilst I was reading this book which my new friends at University probably now think i'm 10 times weirder than they already thought I was... I wasn't talking to myself necessarily due to things that I was annoyed at but I actually found myself trying to help Sophie and Reece whilst reading the book! Who does that? Well, actually probably a lot of people...

I felt really sorry for both Sophie and Reece in this story because they both have some horrible things happen to them... I think Gina just knows how to make me love her with her writing now! It's so easy to read, without being childish. It's got the maturity level to it, without having me baffled at every other word she uses. I just generally (and genuinely) love her writing! 

Hoping for another book now! Can't wait to read more by her!

Rating: 5/5

No comments: